The maximum number of students is limited to 30 units per year.
They know the raw materials that make up the cultural assets, know about the construction-processing techniques, recognizing their deterioration, taking measures against deterioration, restoration and conservation stages, all of which can renew itself with the current information, always educates technical staff conscious.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
He has been working as a technical intermediary with architects in museums, excavations, restorers and conservators.
Educational Application Areas and Program Opportunities
In the Work Protection Program, there are four full-time instructors. There are 2 laboratories and workshops as application area.
• To know the properties of movable and immovable cultural assets and know their properties
• To be able to determine the deterioration observed on cultural assets, to determine the causes of deterioration, to take measures that prevent the continuation
• To be able to decide and apply appropriate repair and protection methods required by cultural assets
• Ability to adapt to individual or team work, directing the employees as the team leader as necessary, using the materials and tools required during the applications
• To have an awareness of professional ethics and responsibility, and to have sufficient awareness about the environment and occupational safety in the field by considering social and cultural values.
• To be able to follow the developments in scientific, technological and contemporary issues, to identify the deficiencies by critical approach and to renew oneself, to have the consciousness of lifelong learning at the same or advanced level.
• To have, knowledge about the archeology of Turkey, to document the Cultural Heritage, exhibition of cultural assets, as required to prepare the storage conditions, be able to document drawing dimensioning architectural elements
• To have knowledge about Atatürk's Principles and History of Turkish Revolution, To have good Turkish ability, To use oral and written communication tools in professional subjects.
• To be able to use mathematical skills in professional field To have intermediate level of English skills in professional field, to be able to use basic level operating system and office programs.